Ultimate RESET!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My "Why"

One of the first things I ask people when they are starting on their journey to lose weight or gain health is.. "Why"?
I have haven't told many people my why, and I think it's important to know what drives me to not only improve myself but people around me.

My why:
I want to live FOREVER! I know that this is not possible, but I want to live as long as I possibly can. I want to be with my children & my family every day I possibly can. I know I don't control every circumstance but the ones I can control I am controlling. I don't want them to look back and think.. "I wish mom took better care of herself so we could have had more time with her". I want them to remember these lessons of health and pass them onto their own children. I want to work everyday on my health to know that I may have gained another moment of happiness with them. I am working on seeing my grandchildren, their weddings, their graduations, I am working on seeing more smiles, more laughter and more days.
It's great that maintaining my weight and building lean muscle is a side effect of that, but it's not my why.

What's your why?

Happy Thursday!

No comments: