Ultimate RESET!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Too Much Snacking


Do you ever have days when the fridge is just calling your name? It's like you just can't quiet that voice that keeps telling you to snack.
Here are a few tips they may help you quiet that voice.

#1: Water, water and more water. Carry it with you at all times. I literally carry my gallon jug with me all over the house, in the car, at the store, to people houses, and I don't really care what other people think of me and my water jug. It's the only way I can remember to drink all the water I need to drink, plus it fills me up so that I am not tempted by the foods I shouldn't eat.

#2: Chew gum. Seems a little too simple, right? It can work. It keeps your mouth busy, and takes the edge off a mean sweet craving. Carry a pack in your car, purse, one in your desk, top of your fridge, and even in your pantry. Sounds almost too easy, but trust me, this can really work.

#3: Keep healthy snacks available at all times. If you just can get rid of a desire to snack even though it is not a normal snack time, then be sure to always keep your healthy stash within sight. Keep cut up celery & carrots on the top shelf in your fridge, stash nuts, dried fruits, even jerky at eye level in your pantry. Apples, bananas, mango, pears and peaches in a bowl on your counter.

#4: The more you want something that you "can't have" the harder it will be to resist it. If you must, give in a little or find a healthier substitute for the craving. Want something chocolaty? Try DARK chocolate (70% cacao or more)to take the edge off. Want a mocha? Try mixing 1/2 c strongly brewed coffee, 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology & 8 ounces of fat-free milk or almond milk, for a mocha like drink.

#5: Give yourself a break. Maybe you've been working too hard, or are a little stressed out. Maybe food isn't what you're really craving. Try a massage, pedicure, meditation, hot bath, or a long walk. Maybe food is filling a void of boredom, or a need to relax. Find other alternatives to eating, if you aren't hungry.

Happy Monday!!

No comments: