Ultimate RESET!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Question & Answer

Q: What's your favorite healthy snack?

A: I have so many I have a hard time narrowing it down to just one snack. If I had to I would say that right now I am in love with kale chips. They are super simple to make and kale is a super food with many health benefits.
To make kale chips you tear the kale leaf away from the stem and tear into bite size pieces. Spread onto baking sheet, drizzle olive oil, sea salt, cayenne pepper (optional), lime or lemon juice and mix with fingers until it's coated onto kale. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Watch kale carefully because it burns easily. Flip & stir kale halfway between cooking time to ensure even cooking.
Take out of oven, let cool and enjoy.

Q: How do you deal with bad days? Days where you don't feel motivated to exercise, eat right, or work towards your goals?

A: Everyone has bad days, me included. I don't always deal the way I know I should with a "bad day". I try to keep my goals in mind. Remember that whatever is bothering me today will soon pass and better things are to come. I will be a stronger woman because of the obstacles that get in my way. If I don't feel like exercising on a bad day I will usually put some good music on, something that gets me in the mood to move. That usually makes me want to run it out on the treadmill or go push some weights around at the gym. I'm not a perfect eater and if I am having a bad day and clean, healthy food is the last thing I want then I will indulge but because I don't keep too many junk food options within my immediate reach those "wants" don't usually get fulfilled (thankfully). If it's not within my reach I usually won't go to the trouble of getting it when it comes to food. Support. My friends & family also are there when I need them for love, support and just a shoulder to lean on if I am having a hard day.

Thanks for all the questions that were emailed this morning. I will email each one of you back with answers. Keep the questions coming!!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: