Ultimate RESET!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Decisions

I struggled with the motivation to workout this afternoon. I thought about how tired I was from the night before, how much needed to get done around the house, the emails that needed response, how sore I was from previous workouts this week... and the list continued on and on.

I eventually pushed past all those thoughts, and made a decision that I was just going to do the workout and focus on that for an hour.

While working out, I was feeling amazing, really happy that I had MADE the decision to just do it, despite my own negative, destructive thoughts. I had the physical ability to do the workout, and just had to decide to do it.

I was holding myself back from working out. I was in complete control of my choices and it could have gone either way.

The reason I bring this up is, how many times do we talk ourselves out of good choices?

We are in control of our choices, it's a matter of making the decision and following through. Whether it's food or exercise, we have the ability to choose.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: