Ultimate RESET!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weight loss coaching


My biggest request as a nutrition coach is from people who want to know how to lose excess weight. How do I lose the extra weight?

I will usually ask quite a few personal questions to find out how or why they are where they are with their weight and health. I will ask them to journal their food intake, exercise, and overall life in general for 1-2 weeks. I will help set attainable goals, a time frame in which we want to reach those goals, a menu/meal plan, recipes, and provide guidance and support through the entire process.

About a week in, people realize this isn't a magic pill, I have no quick fix, I don't believe in severe calorie restriction, there are many rules to follow and I am always checking in with them to see where they are and what they need. This is usually where I lose a client.
'This is too hard', 'I don't have time to exercise', 'I don't have time to meal plan', 'I don't have time to pack a lunch', 'I don't want to journal everything I eat', 'Are there any weight loss pills you can recommend', 'my kids are too picky and I have to make separate meals for me and my family', 'can I do a liquid fast to speed this along', 'I don't have the money to buy healthy foods' and the list goes on and on and on....

I cannot make someone want this, I cannot make someone work for this, I cannot and will not recommend unsafe quick fix drugs to help speed your weight loss along. I can tell you that whatever quick fix or unhealthy route you take to lose your weight will only result in health issues or even more weight gain after you stop taking them.

This is old school, old fashioned, hard work. You will have to workout, eat right, eat often, eliminate all processed foods from your house, ask your family to participate, change your habits, and it will be a lifestyle change forever.

I will not force anyone into this, not friends, clients, or family. If you aren't ready then you just aren't ready. I do not like to hear the complaints if you are not ready to commit. 'I'm always tired' 'I don't have energy' 'I am so out of shape' 'I am always sick'... I have a solution and it requires hard work.

Your health didn't get to the point you are at now overnight. It was years of abuse, fast food, lack of exercise, and overeating. I am not going to coach you back to health in a week.

For those of you that are ready to make a commitment, a lifestyle change, to feel better, look better, lose weight, have energy, and work hard... then email me, and let's work on this together. Let's find what works for your life, set goals, and work together at getting your health back.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments: