Ultimate RESET!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Modify your old recipes


A lot of people think that when you decide to live a healthier lifestyle that you have to sacrifice good tasting food. Nothing could be further from the truth. I think it is quite the opposite. In my opinion you have better tasting food, better quality food and of course better-for-you food. You are actually tasting the food instead of filler, sodium, chemicals, MSG, and a whole lot of things that just mask the flavor of what you are eating.
I love to bake even more that I love to cook. Experimenting in the kitchen with new foods and recipes is a creative outlet for me. I have learned ways of modifying old favorites in my house. For example last week I made muffins and used fresh fruit, whole wheat flour and very little sugar. Today I made broccoli & cheese soup and instead of it being made with heavy cream and loads of cheese, I made it with vegetable broth, onion, broccoli, fat-free half n' half and very little cheese. It is a smash hit in the house especially with my youngest. My point is that you can modify almost any recipe, whether you are baking a delicious dessert or making dinner for your family. If you are like me and are the main food preparer in your home, then you are in complete control of what goes into the food that you make for yourself and your family. Try new things, come up with new creations, join recipe groups online, and just get involved with the health of your family.

For more ideas and tips feel free to email me at: positivenutritionmom@gmail.com

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: