Ultimate RESET!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Supplements

What supplements do you need to take?

Another very debated subject is supplements and which ones you actually need on a regular basis.

I personally don't believe any one's diet is perfect, there are always holes to be filled. Choosing a supplement for yourself is a personal choice.
I think that whole food supplements are often better than synthetic ones. I think that there is a lot to be said for B-vitamins, D3, Calcium, Omega 3's, and probiotics.

I personally take vitamins on a seasonal basis. I tend to take a lot more vitamins in the Fall and Winter times because of lack of sunshine (D3) and viruses circulating the population. I try to arm my body with what it needs to fight off the things that are going around. In the summer time when I am getting more sunshine, I do not supplement with extra D3 or extra vitamin C.

You can talk to a naturopathic doctor about your supplements or do your own research on different vitamins and supplements out there. Be sure to really read up on them, some vitamins, herbs and minerals in high doses can be toxic to your body.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: