Ultimate RESET!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Diet Pills

I was asked recently, what I thought about adding a diet pill to a healthy diet and exercise routine. Do I think it can help you lose weight and keep it off?

Simply put: yes it might help you lose weight. Will it help you keep it off? No. Is it healthy for you? No. Do I suggest you use one even for a short while? No.

I have never tried a diet pill of any sort. It just has never appealed to me. I can definitely see why someone would be sold on one though. They promise rapid weight loss and increased energy.

There are a lot of options out there now, even some doctors are recommending ones like Alli.
I do not see any good that can come from them. Some can raise your blood pressure and heart rate. Some make it so your body does not absorb fat that you consume, but also block your body from absorbing important nutrient your body needs.
I am a firm believer in doing it the old fashion way; healthy diet and exercise. It is the way to get your body healthy and in shape and maintain it.

Instead of spending your money on diet pills, invest in a personal trainer, or a nutrition coach to help you to reach your goals and maintain them.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: