Ultimate RESET!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Exercise for Women



This one is for the ladies ♥

I see this all the time, and I myself was once a victim of CARDIO only exercise.
I was under the assumption that strength training was for the fellas, and you only lifted weights if you wanted big, veiny muscles. Boy was I WRONG! Strength training and lifting weights is especially for us women. Building lean muscle mass aids in the loss of unwanted, unhealthy fat, speeds up your metabolism, and lean muscles looks good on a woman.

Skinny is over-rated. Strong, lean, healthy women burn more calories at rest than the average skinny woman. They usually have more energy and are overall healthier in general.

Cardio training is important and has it's place in your exercise routine, but step off the treadmill at least 3 days a week and lift some weights. You will be pleasantly surprised by the positive results.

Happy Thursday night!

No comments: