Ultimate RESET!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Question and Answer


Q: Do you ever make separate meals for your family or kids?

A: No. However, I do make a different version of certain meals for myself because I am a vegetarian and no one else is in my house.
I cook ground turkey,turkey burgers or chicken breasts 2-3 times a week. On those days, I usually just modify the recipe for myself. For example this week I made chicken breasts, brown rice and veggies for dinner on Monday. Instead of chicken, I made lentils for myself and put that on my brown rice with veggies. It was a simple, clean eating fix.
I don't think that parents should make 'kid' vs. 'adult' meals. This teaches your kids that they don't have to eat what you cook for the house. They don't have to eat healthy foods. FOOD IS FOOD! It shouldn't be chicken and broccoli for adults and then macaroni & cheese with hot dogs for the kids. Why would you want your kids to eat that junk? Shouldn't they have the same clean foods you have in your diet? The earlier you teach them how to eat, what to eat and how to prepare it, the better off they will be at making good choices as they get older and the more likely they will be to make healthy choices when they are away from you.

So many of us carry our bad food habits from our childhood, and the foods we grew up on. Let's not pass that tradition on to our kids. Make clean healthy meals for the whole family. Make a menu up for the week and have your kids participate on making a healthy menu for the whole family. Get a kid friendly, clean eating cookbook (yes, they are out there) and you can make it a fun, family involved event every week, to help choose healthy meals for the family.



Happy Wednesday!

No comments: