Ultimate RESET!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colds & Flu's

After two weeks of taking care of people who were sick, first my husband then my step son, I now am the patient.

I work at keeping a strong immune system by eating healthy foods, taking vitamins, drinking water and getting rest. However I cannot avoid every virus out there. Now that I have a cold it's time to take even better care of my body.

When I am sick I tend to eat SO much more food. My body seems to need the extra calories to fight off the cold. I try to eat 99% clean foods even when sick, I just consume a lot more clean foods. I avoid all cold medications because of side effects, chemicals, and dyes. If I have a fever or severe pain I do take an over the counter pain reliever.

When you're sick continue to eat healthy foods, listen to your body, get rest, do light workouts or skip them altogether until you are recovered, take vitamins, drink plenty of fluids, try to treat with natural remedies whenever possible and ask for help.

Take care of your body and it will take care of you!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: