Ultimate RESET!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Working out of the home

I haven't worked outside the house in a year. I used to double time it- Executive Administrative and Nutrition Coaching, but then realized that more of my time needed to be focused on my family and my clients, so I have been working from home for almost a year.
I was asked by a close friend this week if I would fill-in some days for her at the adorable clothing boutique that she owns. I was more than happy to help! However that meant practicing what I preach about preparing food in advance for my day away from home today.
I packed a snack for every 2 hours and a large amount of water. I have carrots, cheese, nut butter, Shakeology, apples, almonds, a whole wheat thin-bagel, hummus, blueberries and plain yogurt. It may seem like a long list, but it really isn't for the amount of food I eat on a daily basis. I also had breakfast before leaving the house, and will have dinner at home tonight.

I stress it all the time to clients, friends and family. One of the best things for losing weight, gearing up your metabolism, keeping a healthy weight, and avoiding hunger is being prepared, eating every 2-3 hours, eating enough calories, eating nutrient dense foods, and consuming plenty of water throughout the day.

Think of your body like a machine that needs to be fueled every 2-3 hours to perform correctly and to the best of it's ability.

If you have any questions about snacks, the amount of calories you should consume daily or the amount of water your body needs, feel free to email me.

Have a great Weekend!

No comments: