Ultimate RESET!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stress eating


Stress can be a cause of overeating, eating the wrong foods, and eating large portions. It gives us that excuse to escape for a few minutes and just eat. It can be very gratifying until we realize what we have done over the course of a week, month or year.

Lately I have found more tasks on my list and the same amount of time to get everything done. I have 4 kids, a business, Summer activities and a lot of family and friends as our guests this Summer. I have caught myself eating out of habit a few time lately, not really hungry, not really a normal time to be eating.. yet there I am eating a few animal cookies or a bowl of cereal at 9 pm.

It happens to the best of us, and recognizing and correcting it are the first steps. Then finding a way of preventing it, by finding another outlet for your stress is key.

Exercise is a great stress reliever. So is meditation, bubble baths (with your phone turned off) stretching, yoga or just a quiet place for 5 minutes if you can.

I recently put my exercise ball down in my living room (although it has become the hot 'new' toy for the kids) I lay on it and push out as many crunches as I can. It's a nice stress reliever for me.

Find what works for you and remember to do it when you are feeling overwhelmed with stress.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: