Ultimate RESET!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Making good food choices MOST of the time

The question on my Facebook page today was; What prevents you from making good food choices MOST of the time? (I put most on there because none of us make good food choices 100% of the time) Is it money, time, lack of motivation, or lack of support?
I am almost positive that the top reason will be because of money or lack there of money.
I will be completely honest here; it does cost a bit more money for wiser food choices. I think that things should be different, and I also think that there should be some sort of discount or coupon program for fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. If you shop wisely you can usually come within your budget though.

In the Summer buy your produce from local farmers, produce stands, farmers markets, or grow your own. Look for locally grown produce in the winter months and buy what is on sale, look in your local paper for produce sales at specific markets. Buy dried beans, rice, and other bulk items.

I do spend a bit more for whole fresh foods, but I budget it into our lives. I make my health and my families, a priority through good food, and exercise.

Make cut backs where you can afford to; daily latte, nails, hair, massages, housekeeper, eating out, cable... and the list is endless. If there is somewhere in your life that you spend money that is not a NEED then cut it back to make room for your health, because if you desire to live long and have good quality of life, then your health is a NEED.

Don't wait until it's too late and you are treating your health as a symptom. Don't wait until you have high blood pressure or you are taking 7 different medications just to ease some of your symptoms caused by lack of good health.

Make your health a priority today and everyday after.

Happy Saturday!!

No comments: