Ultimate RESET!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Proper amounts of sleep

I know I have written about sleep before in this blog, but I must touch on the subject yet again.
I had tickets to a local concert last night, my best friend of 22 years and I, went out and enjoyed the concert. We arrived back at my place at 11:30pm and after talking and getting ready for bed, I was in bed by midnight and asleep about an hour after that... only to be awoken by my alarm clock at 6:00am. I was EXHAUSTED today!!
I felt the difference immediately. I had a hard time thinking, driving, working, and even holding a conversation.

Sleep is so important to our bodies and our health in general. It is a must to try to get as much sleep as possible. 8 solid hours would be ideal for most people, but usually can not be a reality. If you can make small changes in order to get just a bit more sleep, than I suggest doing so.
Tips for more sleep:
-Go to bed earlier
-Set up a bedtime routine (bath, book, dim lights, and a set bedtime)
-Get a "white noise" machine. (air filter or fan would work too)
-Drink some herbal tea an hour before bed
-Limit food 2 hours before food
-Don't workout 2 hours before bed
-No caffeine 3-4 hours before bedtime
-No alcohol 3 hours before bedtime

I know that some of us that have small children or infants don't have any choice but to lose out on some sleep, but those of us who do have the choice to get more sleep, should.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: