Ultimate RESET!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Make time for yourself

This one is especially for the women and mothers!

It's not that I think men can't relate, I am just specifically writing this from a woman's point of view.

As a mom, wife and business owner I HAVE to prioritize my day, my week, my meals, my appointments..etc and while planning & prioritizing I can often forget about myself and my needs.

What is it that YOU want? What is your healthy outlet? What do YOU do for fun? When do YOU get to relax?

If you don't have a good answer to any of these questions then you are neglecting yourself!

Find time for yourself, find an outlet, friends, family, meditation, a bath, running, an hour in the morning before everyone else gets up, a motivational seminar, TV show at night, book club or anything else that you can make all about you. It doesn't involve kids, work, cleaning, or laundry.

Being a bit selfish is actually super healthy and much needed. Trust me, it will either run you down soon or in the near future.

For more tips & ideas on how to unwind, and relax; email me at positivenutritionmom@gmail.com

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a mom but I totally agree with this post. I have so many friends that have children that don't make time for themselves and it leaves them very unhappy. Even if you don't have children, just the every day life and taking care of the home, cooking, and working full time, going to school, etc leaves little time for enjoyment. I tend to neglect myself time to time and need to be more diligent on making time for me. Thank you for the reminder!