Ultimate RESET!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stay at home moms and snacking

Being a stay at home mom is one of the toughest, and most demanding jobs you can ever do. You're at home with the kids, running errands, cleaning the house, carpooling, volunteering at kids' schools, cooking, laundry and many other daily tasks. Often mom is the last one on her priority list, and that includes her consumption of food. Either mom will forget about eating, be too busy to eat, eat off of her child's plate, or just plain eat whatever is handy or easy, which often is not the healthiest things. Does this sound familiar? It is easy to get into the habit of putting yourself last, especially when you spend all day doing for others, and putting others needs first.

Eating 6 times a day is ideal for everyone, and especially a busy mom. It helps keep your energy levels up, your metabolism burning at high speed and helps you to keep the weight off.
I am a stay at home mom, I work from home (most of the time), I go to school full-time, I have a 17, 14, 9 and 3 year old! It is a busy life, but I cannot let myself and my needs fall to the bottom of my priority list. I find quick and healthy ways to eat. The key is to have a fridge and pantry stocked with healthy, whole food options. My personal list of foods I keep on hand for snacking during the day: carrots, apples, bananas, cottage cheese, hummus, red peppers (already sliced up), almonds, cashews, pistachios, shakeology drink mix, plain yogurt and natural peanut butter. These are all quick, easy, and healthy options.

Make sure that you are making yourself a priority in your life. You are just as important as the rest of the people in your house.
Keep your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy, whole foods.

For more tips on healthy meals and snacks, email me at: positivenutritionmom@gmail.com

Happy Earth day!!

No comments: